8 ways meditation can improve your life!
Wellness is one of those buzz words slowly taking over but for a good reason. There is something to be said about being happy and relaxed. Often, we take this to mean the product of a perfect life but happy and calm people have challenges like everyone else. What they have mastered, is the tricky art of managing stress. One useful tool – meditation! Thanks to Hollywood, the word meditation conjures the image of someone sitting, with legs loosely crossed and both feet resting below the opposite thigh or knee, floating whilst chanting. But it can be as simple as sitting down in a quiet room and letting you mind wander for a minute or fifteen. I love using an app like Calm.com which offers guided meditation with ambience music and all. And no, you do not have to be a Buddhist!
1. Meditation reduces stress: Meditation is mind without agitation
2. It improves concentration: Greater concentration is related to the increased energy meditation
3. It encourages a healthy lifestyle: You tend to want more things that are better for you
4. The practice increases self-awareness: When you take more time to dive inside yourself, you are more comfortable showing who you are.
5. It increases happiness: Studies have shown that brain signalling increases in the left side of the prefrontal cortex, which is responsible for positive emotions, while activity decreases in the right side, responsible for negative emotions
6. Meditation increases acceptance: It really brings you back to yourself
7. It slows aging: Studies show that meditation changes brain physiology to slow aging
8. The practice benefits cardiovascular and immune health: Meditation induces relaxation, which increases the compound nitric oxide that causes blood vessels to open up and subsequently, blood pressure to drop.
Content brought to you by Eden’s Theory, a capsule range of luxury scented candles, organic skincare hair and body products suitable for vegans and artisan fragrances, handmade with wild crafted ingredients, in small batches and sold exclusively on Not On The High Street – wwww.edenstheory.com