10 Benefits to Drinking Warm Lemon Water Every Morning
There are many health benefits of lemons that have been known for centuries. The two biggest are lemons’ strong antibacterial, antiviral, and immune-boosting powers and their use as a weight loss aid because lemon juice is a digestive aid and liver cleanser. Lemons contain many substances–notably citric acid, calcium, magnesium, vitamin C, bioflavonoids, pectin, and limonene–that promote immunity and fight infection.
1) Aids Digestion. Lemon juice flushes out unwanted materials and toxins from the body.
2) Cleanses Your System / is a Diuretic. Lemon juice helps flush out unwanted materials in part because lemons increase the rate of urination in the body.
3) Boosts Your Immune System. Lemons are high in vitamin C, high in potassium, enhances iron absorption and contain saponins.
4) Balances pH Levels Drinking lemon water regularly can help to remove overall acidity in the body, including uric acid in the joints
5) Clears Skin. The vitamin C component as well as other antioxidants helps decrease wrinkles and blemishes and it helps to combat free radical damage.
6) Energizes You and Enhances Your Mood. Lemon is one of the few foods that contain more negative charged ions, providing your body with more energy when it enters the digestive tract. The scent of lemon also has mood enhancing and energizing properties. The smell of lemon juice can brighten your mood and help clear your mind. Lemon can also help reduce anxiety and depression.
7) Promotes Healing. Ascorbic acid (vitamin C), found in abundance in lemons, promotes wound healing, and is an essential nutrient in the maintenance of healthy bones, connective tissue, and cartilage.
8) Freshens Breath. Besides fresher breath, lemons have been known to help relieve tooth pain and gingivitis.
9) Hydrates Your Lymph System. Warm water and lemon juice supports the immune system by hydrating and replacing fluids lost by your body.
10) Aids in Weight Loss. Lemons are high in pectin fibre, which helps fight hunger cravings.
Content brought to you by Eden’s Theory, a capsule range of luxury scented candles, organic skincare hair and body products suitable for vegans and artisan fragrances, handmade with wild crafted ingredients, in small batches and sold exclusively on Not On The High Street – wwww.edenstheory.com